Call for Abstracts
CLICK HERE to Submit Your Abstract!
Abstract Submission Deadline: March 6, 2020
NEW THIS YEAR! The Minnesota Society of Anesthesiologists is accepting abstract submissions to the 2020 Annual Conference, held April 17-19, 2020 at the Radisson Blu Mall of America in Bloomington, MN.
We are pleased to announce several exciting changes to the upcoming Minnesota Society of Anesthesiologists (MSA) conference, including transitioning to a yearly Annual Conference to be held on April 17-19, 2020. The official meeting agenda is under development and will be posted to www.msaconnect.org once finalized. Notable components of the 2020 conference will include a hands-on workshop (including pediatric regional and ultrasound techniques), problem based learning discussions (PBLDs), and an inaugural poster session.
At this time, we encourage you and your trainees to submit an abstract for consideration of inclusion at the 2020 MSA poster session. Suitable topics include medical research, quality improvement projects and medically challenging cases. Accepted abstract authors will present their posters at the 2020 MSA Annual Conference and a prize will be awarded for the conference’s best poster presentation. Please follow the link below to access the portal for submission of your abstract for consideration of inclusion in the conference.
Of note, the 2020 MSA Annual Conference is the week prior to the Midwest Anesthesia Resident’s Conference (MARC), so our venue may serve as an opportunity for trainees to gain additional presentation experience before MARC.
J. Kyle Bohman
Chair, MSA Education Committee
Complete the form linked above to submit your abstract for the MSA 2020 Annual Conference. One abstract per form. Please see submission guidelines below.
Abstract Formatting, Presentation, & Guidelines
- Abstracts may not have been published previously.
- Abstracts should be brief, typically less than 600 words.
- Submission must be in Microsoft Word Document.
- Limited to one page with imbedded graphics.
- Submitted via the online submission form.
- Limit one abstract submission per 1st author.
- Abstracts are peer-reviewed according to the following criteria: originality, importance, methods, analysis, results, conclusions, general interest, and writing quality.
- Authors will be notified of review decision via email.
- Non-member presenting authors (poster display ONLY) are required to pay meeting registration fee.
- Posters should be 4' wide and 3' tall; push pins will be provided.
CLICK HERE to view a sample PDF of acceptable abstract formatting.
The MSA will be honoring the best abstract posters, and recipients will be selected for the following awards:
1st Place Abstract - $200
2nd Place Abstract - $100
3rd Place Abstract - $50